Linda Baker is an Award Winning Dallas Interior Designer known for her passionate approach on life, relationships and design. With over 25 years of experience in the design industry, Linda and her team are known in Dallas for their custom high-end design in both residential and commercial properties, while still creating a comfortable environment for all to enjoy. Stunning design residentially has garnered her firm to win repeatedly in Dallas and Texas, and Linda also has designed for commercial clientele such as Oil and Energy, Medical, Financial Firms, Restaurants and Legal Offices, and has the privilege of renovating several Dallas Republic Title offices throughout the DFW area.
Her enthusiasm for her profession is reflected in her ability to help clients achieve their goals. She combines her passionate approach to life with her remarkable design talent. It gives her great pleasure to see her clients embrace their newly designed spaces and how the design impacts the way they view and enjoy their environment. Baker Design Group has been the recipient of numerous Dallas and Texas ASID and DHome awards the past five years.
Prior to launching Baker Design Group in 2005, Linda launched the nation’s leading artificial plant and permanent tree company, The Creative Branch in Houston, Texas. She was a pioneer in and branded the name for the “permanent interiorscape” industry, which garnered the attention of the Houston Business Journal, ABC TV, and the Houston Chronicle. Her experience with floral design and incorporating permanent interiorscapes into interior design has shaped her accessorizing philosophy and benefits clients today. Sold in 2004 Linda has brought this entrepreneurial approach to another branch of Baker Design Group: Curate Florals by BDG, the latest addition to the firm, which sells wholesale floral artistry to design professionals. Baker Design Group is also well known in the DFW Region for their outstanding full-service Christmas.
Linda is involved with every project and every client. A “people person” and master networker with a reputation for establishing long term relationships with clients, vendors, and suppliers, Linda’s personal touch benefits all who come in contact with her. She does whatever it takes to resolve client concerns, and assures that projects proceed on time and on budget– welcoming clients into the Baker Design Group family and treating them accordingly.
Before an inspired career change into the interior design industry, Linda gained invaluable sales and management skills during her highly successful career in broadcasting in Houston, Texas. During her tenure she served as President of the Houston Chapter of the American Women in Radio and Television (AWRT) and was the winner of the Westinghouse Broadcast national Winner’s Circle and recognition of her peers. Linda’s clients benefit from the project management, communication, and organizational skills she gained through growing in her earlier career.
She is an active volunteer to a variety of organizations, including Interior design industry events through IDS and ASID. She is also has been a popular speaker who presents programs several times a year on timely business topics, such as Making a Well Run Business Look Easy, How to Successfully Grow Your Business and Common Mistakes Made in Business.
Her deep faith is the center point of all of her decisions and the basis of how she runs her business and one of her favorite verses is “Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.”
AWARDS & PUBLICATIONS
- Top 10 Dallas Designer
- 2022 Vickermans National Christmas Design Winner
- 2022 ASID Design Ovation Award: First Place Residential- Traditional/Transitional Bathroom
- 2022 ASID Design Ovation Award: First Place Residential- Traditional/Transitional Dining Room
- 2022 ASID Design Ovation Award: Second Place Residential Bedroom- Child & Youth
- 2022 Best of Houzz: Design
- 2022 Best of Houzz: Service
- 2021 ASID Design Ovation Award: First Place Residential- Traditional/Transitional Living Room
- 2021 ASID Design Ovation Award: Second Place Residential- Traditional/Transitional Dining Room
- 2021 Best of Industry Oversight
- 2021 Best of Houzz: Design
- 2021 Best of Houzz: Service
- IDS 2021 National Designer of the Year
- IDS 2020 National Designer of the Year
- IDS 2019 National Designer of the Year
- 2017/2018 IDS DFW Chapter President
- DHome 2021 Designer of the Year
- DHome 2020 Designer of the Year
- DHome 2019 Designer of the Year
- DHome 2018 Designer of the Year
- DHome 2017 Designer of the Year
- DHome 2016 Designer of the Year
- 2020 Vickermans National Christmas Design Winner
- 2016 – Five-Time Award Winner of ASID, including First Place Construction Residential
- 2015 – Eleven-Time Award Winner of ASID, Dallas and Texas
- 2014 – Four-Time Legacy Design Award of Texas: First Place for Entire Residence in Traditional Large Space
- 2013 – Four-Time Award Winner of ASID Dallas Design Ovation
- HGTV Pro Network Designer
- Industry Partner Director – American Society of Interior Design
- WTC – Dallas Arts Award Finalist
- Featured Success Story in the Houston Business Journal
- Featured Success Story – ABC Affiliate – KTRK Television
- The Houston Chronicle – Top Business Women in Houston
- Plano Profile – Women in Business
- Luxe Interiors & Design