2. Acrylic: Adding Acrylic accents to these pieces makes them playful and chic.
How to bring it home: Custom upholstery on top, surprise touch of eclectic on the bottom.
Bring in an acrylic piece keeping in mind the “rules” above about the eclectic space! Unless your home style leans on the modern side, an acrylic accent piece will most likely bring an eclectic feel to what you have going on.We are excited to utilize our vendors offering acrylic accent pieces with custom upholstery. The Acrylic trend is clean and fits into rooms nicely, sliding in almost as if parts of it were invisible…
How to bring it home: Make your design uniquely yours.
Do you love nailhead trim or bringing in color through welting when you see furniture at the store, on Pinterest, or Houzz? Take note of the details that catch your eye, and implement them in your next purchase through custom upholstery. It’s what makes your design uniquely yours.
Through our relationships with top upholstery vendors, we can work with you to custom design a standout piece with unique upholstery choices tailored to your design.
4. Nature Inspired: Bringing the beauty of the outdoors in (and sometimes adding gold, shimmer, and shine) stood out to us in a major way at High Point. We fell in love with agate detailing on furniture, hardware, lighting, and in frames, polished wood pattern-play, and natural stone.
Bring it home: Natural beauty in accessories or large furniture pieces.
Play up texture in your home by bringing in natural luster in a polished wood piece or the rich depth of a stone with movement. Style your shelves with a framed outdoor element.
. Detailed Backs on Chairs: Fabric and texture showing through stunning detailing on the backs of chairs is one of our favorite trends. It opens up so many doors to showing off custom fabric, mirrored backs, and contrasting patterns. You’ll never want to have these backed up to a wall!
Bring it home: Contact us to hear more about our custom upholstery vendors.
Rethink the ways that you can display and mix patterns and textures of fabric in your home! We can’t wait to create chairs inspired by these High Point beauties with our clients.
6. Feminine Color: Feminine lilacs, soft pinks, heathery greys, and fuschia caught our eyes in several showrooms. With the right design, the colors are not limited to a “girls-only” space, but lend themselves to relaxing, welcoming, areas home.
Bring it home: Make your room feel like a soothing retreat.
Bringing in feminine color through accessories is the easiest step. If you’re brave, paint the walls of your home office, a powder room, or sitting area. This delicate color trend seamlessly combines so well with the neutral/whites palettes that the interior design world has grown to love.
7. Unexpected Objects: We love to style shelves, accessorize, and bring a conversational detail to a previously overlooked space. This year, we left inspired to utilize the unexpected: placing an airy metal sculpture in a bowl, putting out antiques and travel finds next to new accessories, and curating collections of a single type of object together.
Bring it home: Style your favorite, eye-catching collected objects.
Similar to creating an eclectic space through trend #1, style your shelves, table tops, and bare areas with objects that stand out to you. Items that are beautiful because of their color, texture, or significance from travel, etc.
8. Bold Walls: Going bold with a wall may seem intimidating, but we have so many reasons to push past the fear and get a beautiful result! With the multitude of fabric and finish options we have through our vendors, we are confident we can find the perfect hue.
Bring it home: Your space is capable of handling a bold color if chosen properly.
Start looking at inspiration rooms with an attitude of “I could do that.” Color, boldness, and all-embracing hues in a room do not have to stay in the showrooms or in catalogs. It can work in your home with the right choices!
9. Conversation Piece Coffee Table: Our favorite vendors anchored their living spaces around coffee tables that were truly centerpieces. What a statement for the center of a room, and such an easy way to take a space up a level in style!
Bring it home: Center your room around a piece that has it all.
Ditch your plain jane coffee table for a piece that all-in-one fits your priorities, whether that be that it is artistic, comfortable, a storage solution, glam, natural, or textured. The options are endless and the combination of all you want is possible.
Bring it home: Update an old classic.
We are proud to work with vendors who supply pieces that are not only beautiful, but also well made. The geometrics trend is not going away, and we see such value in investing in a piece with this detailing.
Contact us here to learn more about the turnkey service that Baker Design Group offers as a top Dallas Interior Designer. We would love to work with you to bring these trends, or your own specialized, individual style, into your home.